How are you?
I've been thinking about you this week and hope you are doing well! 🤗We are still within the walls of this Pandemic, and I know, even for myself, I've had to pull out all my resources to stay focused, healthy, and happy. I'm assuming you are too!
If you are looking for a wonderful and free way to escape, kick your health up a notch, and reduce your stress, I want to introduce you to journaling. 🗒👍
Here's why I suggest journaling, these are just some of the many benefits!
- Acts as a sounding board. Journaling helps cleanse our overthinking and overworked minds by putting on paper our thoughts, emotions, fears, frustrations, annoyances, all of it! By releasing it all onto paper, we figuratively release it. This release is therapeutic in and of itself. 🧘♀️
- Helps us "see" by putting our thoughts on paper. We gain clarity by brainstorming ideas and mapping our strategies for solutions. 🤔
- Supports us in getting to know ourselves. By being real, we then have the advantage of seeing and hearing ourselves without fear of judgment. No one will ever see what we are writing, which means we are safe to write down precisely what we feel. 👌
- Left to percolate for a while, we can look back and connect dots we hadn't previously seen. We can discover a new perspective and choose to grow and change accordingly. 🌱
💡And guess what? Numerous studies have shown the health benefits of journaling are pretty impressive:
- Enhances the immune system
- Reduces stress, anxiety, and high blood pressure
- Improves memory and sleep
- Lessons fatigue and pain
Where to Start With Journaling? Anywhere!
Just get a blank book, any book will do, and start writing about your day, dreams, and/or wish lists. ✍️Try writing your life history or jotting down a poem. 🤓
You can draft a letter to anyone you need to clear the air with. Maybe someone who has hurt you or you otherwise have unresolved issues with, but for whatever reason, you can not actually send a letter to that person. This can finally give you a sense of clarity, completion, and closure. 🌞
I understand that the idea of journaling may seem funny to you if you've never tried it. I want to assure you that it is a safe way to "talk" about your feelings. Journaling can increase your overall health, gain you invaluable insight, and truly grow your overall feelings of wellbeing. 💕
Here's to you, a blank paper, and the endless possibilities that await! 🥂
Love this post? Pin it!!
PS...Have you downloaded your copy of my free Personal Growth Mini-Course? If not, click here to get your copy today!