Welcome to week 7 of The Weekly Well! Here is where you will find weekly inspiration to live YOUR best life. This week I want to expand on the discussion we had last week on negativity bias and talk about how to interrupt negative thoughts. I can imagine some of you were saying, "sure Denuelle, I want to try and kick negative thoughts to the curb but how the heck do I process and let them go?"
Well, friends let me share with you one of the tried and true tricks that I use myself and with clients! Maybe you remember back in the day when your tv program would get interrupted for some breaking news or an emergency announcement. The announcer would say, "We interrupt this programming."
That is a powerful statement. And. It worked on us then, and it can work on us now! We may have grumbled that our show was interrupted, but we stopped and switched gears to see what was next.
This same sentiment can be used for your brain to STOP, interrupt the negative thoughts, and switch gears to something more positive.
Highlights From This Week's Video: Interrupt Those Negative Thoughts
- From last week, we know that humans are more likely to look for negativity than positivity. We have to recognize the negative thoughts, process, and let them go.
- To stop the thoughts dead in their tracks, say "I interrupt this program." Try it! Shout it out now wherever you are!
- Use that powerful statement whenever you head off to the land of:
- Debbie Downing yourself
- Stop criticizing yourself and replace those thoughts with something more powerful, that serves your best interest!
- Remember, our brains are like sponges when it comes to negativity; we quickly absorb it.
- The KEY is to be aware of this (negativity bias), listen up when it arrives but just as quickly move on. Do not stay in that place!
- For a healthy, fit mind, you do not want to stay ruminating in the negative. You know it, recognize it, and move on.
Without further ado, here is the seventh edition:
Before I leave you until next week, I want you to know without a shadow of a doubt that you have the power to interrupt negative thoughts! I am behind you and rooting for you every step of the way!
PS...Have you downloaded your copy of my freebie, Slay Phrases That Are Making You Crazy? If not, click HERE to get your copy today! Don't miss this chance to learn how to slay what is weighing you down! Ditch the Psycho-Terrorism.
Do Well. Be Well. Live Well
Love this post? Pin it!!