Welcome to week 9 of The Weekly Well! Here is where you will find weekly inspiration to live YOUR best life. This week I want to share my no-fail daily routine with all of you. I have been asked quite a bit if I would be willing to, and I am thrilled to finally have the chance to share such an essential component of bolstering a fit mind. Listen, friends, my routine is CRUCIAL to my overall wellbeing!
Don't get scared away by the words "daily routine." I promise I am not asking you to get up at 4 (unless you want to, early bird!) work out for hours, or fundamentally change the way you live your life. Just like you, I have a list of daily demands that take up a lot of my time. What I want is for you to take just a little of that precious time to start and end your day like a #youmatter champ!
The no-fail daily routine is something that not only I do, but my clients do as well! Side effects are:
- A fit mind
- Maintained energy
- Achievement of daily goals
- Less stress
- Better sleep
Bookend Your Day
Take a minute and picture a bookshelf at the library. There are a ton of books on the shelf, and they are all be held up by a bookend. Maybe the image looks something like this?
Ok, now what if you took that bookend away? The books would all tip over, right? Think about your day in the same light, like it needs support on both ends. You want to HOLD your day together! Frame the day with a very specific beginning and a very specific ending. Bookend that day!
My No-Fail Daily Routine
Beginning of the Day
I like to have a particular bookend at the start to my day. One that is easy and gives me time to adjust to the new day with a fresh and positive outlook.
- Wake up!
- Make coffee (key step for me, but insert tea or your favorite hot beverage here!!).
- Find a quiet place to sit. In the winter I have a special chair, and in the summer I sit on the porch.
- Take a few deep breaths and say a prayer of my choice.
- Spend some quiet "just being" time so I can relax and wakeup.
- Grab a book (I have a ton) and read one of my favorite passages and then take a few minutes to reflect on the reading.
- Get out my notebook and do a "brain dump." This includes what I:
- Want to get done
- Need to get done
- Hope to get done
- Circle 3 things on the list to do first. I always pick the 3 things I don't want to do! This is important because these are things that will hang over my head all day if I don't get them out of the way! This idea is from Brian Tracy's book, Eat That Frog and is totally brilliant because it works! The gist is to get past what you don't want to do and get on with the day!
- Go about my morning routine with kids, breakfast, etc.
- See clients and work on projects.
Ending of the Day
The ending of my day is just as important as the beginning. I don't ever want to take any garbage, baggage, or leftovers with me into the next day. All of that can be left on a sticky note while I dream of wonderful things!
- Make dinner and work through evening routine.
- End the day with another book, write in a gratitude journal, or just jot down what went well with the day.
- This part is key! I write down anything that is still swimming around in my brain that could prevent me from sleeping. I want to go to bed with a clear mind and no anxiety or worry! Here are a few examples of things I write down:
- Anything that is stuck in my head
- Things I didn't get done
- Events, conversations, etc that are still bothering me
- Follow up I need to do with family or clients
Wrap It Up!
I really hope sharing my no-fail daily routine was helpful! I cannot tell you how much this has helped my overall wellbeing. Please share with me your daily routine. I would love to hear what works and what doesn't work for you!
Without Further Ado, Here is the Ninth Edition:
Before I leave you until next week, I want you to know with 100% certainty that if I can have a no-fail daily routine, so can you! Try it!
PS...Have you downloaded your copy of my freebie, Slay Phrases That Are Making You Crazy? If not, click HERE to get your copy today! Don't miss this chance to learn how to slay what is weighing you down! Ditch the Psycho-Terrorism.
Do Well. Be Well. Live Well
Love this post? Pin it!!